Monday, January 14, 2008

Steve Augarde Gallery


Here are some examples of my illustration work. Nowadays I concentrate more or less exclusively on my own books, but, in theory at least, I'm still a gun for hire. Click on the images to make them larger. Remember to back-click in order to avoid navigating away from the site.

* * *
Work in progress. This is a draft design for the cover of X Isle.


UPDATE. For the cover of X Isle we eventually decided to go for a different style altogether: super-realism. Not my area of expertise, and so I bowed out in order to make way for another illustrator. I'm already very glad that I did. I've just seen the cover rough, and it's fabulous. Check out Steve Stone's work. The guy's amazing.

* * *

Interior scraperboard illustrations from 'Winter Wood':











A couple of composites from The Various...




And from Celandine...




Samples of paper engineering. Must get round to photographing a few more...




Sometimes people commission me to add original artwork to their copies of my books. Here's a detail from a book jacket.

5 comments:

Anna Indesu said...

Hi Mr. Augarde,
I absolutly love your drawings! They are amazing! I do wonder how you do it. I have been drawing for years and I'm not nearly as good at drawing as you are!
~Susanna

Steve Augarde said...

Hallo Anna. Nice to hear from you again - and thank you for your kind comments.

Somebody once said that it takes 10,000 hours of practice to become good at anything - whether it be playing a musical instrument, or drawing, or writing. I'm sure that I've put in more than 10,000 hours at all three, and I'm still nowhere near good enough at any of 'em!

Anna Indesu said...

Hello Mr. Augarde,
It's good to hear from you again as well.

I'm still working on my project, but I will have questions for you soon enough. ^_^ I would also like you to know that I have a visual project to do along with the writing portion and I would like to use your book images in them.
Thanks so much
~Susanna

Steve Augarde said...

You're very welcome - use whatever you need. S.

Anna Indesu said...

Thank you ^^