Monday, March 31, 2008

New book

Last night, at around 1 am, I sent off the manuscript for my new novel.

Always a strange and anxious moment, to see so many months of intense work go shooting off into the ether, but this time it's even more nerve-racking than usual. I have a new editor for this book, and neither she nor anyone else has seen the work in progress. She has no idea of what to expect. What will she think of it? Will she even like it? I'm saying nothing publicly about the story until I've at least had an initial reaction from her.

What I can say, though, is 'sorry' to all those readers and collectors who are STILL waiting for their signed copies of Winter Wood, ordered yonks ago. I think that I've now emailed all individually, to say that I shall be dealing with the backlog this week. If I've missed you out, then please speak up.

No comments: