Sunday, June 08, 2008

Fabuloso!


I'm hip to the jive (as everybody kno) and so I was delighted when The Gents were asked to play at Hep Cats Holiday this summer. It looks like so much fun that I rather wish I'd booked a chalet for the weekend, along with my fabulous dancing partner Gina de Gamage, (see above) but it's too late now. I suppose I'll have to make do with my old pal Mike Stand instead, who's a little on the skinny side for me, and not much of a mover.

The weekend's sold out, but it might be worth keeping an eye on the obituaries columns - some of these original hepsters are pushing their luck, not to mention their pacemakers.

In a flurry of other little gigs this summer, I've also signed up for a Glad Band reunion. This is currently pencilled in for Friday August 8th at Tiverton Cricket Club, where an old friend of ours has somehow managed to become chairman. I wonder how long he'll remain in that position, given what an appearance by the Glad Band usually entails. We first got together around 1969, so the acrimony runs to about the same depth as that of the Eagles. Not so the depth of pocket, unfortunately. The band started off with nine members, I think, and now we're down to four. We'll see who survives this latest round.

No comments: