Monday, December 15, 2008

Clic the pic


A cold, wet, wintry, Monday morning. I thought I'd post this sunny scene, just to brighten the place up a bit. It's an illustration I did years ago as part of an ad campaign for what was then the Great Mills DIY chain. Don't know what happened to them. I'm still here.

The above illustration was an early exploration of scraperboard technique. The ad agency in question would look through sample illustration catalogues, find a style that they liked, and then call me in. I don't think I'd ever properly used scraperboard prior to this commission.

Click on the picture to get a closer view.

1 comment:

Mr Vincent said...

Nice Work Steve!!!

I love the vibrant cols you have used.It gives me a great feel of warmth when every thing around us is cold and dull!!

All the best!!!