Monday, December 21, 2009

White Christmas?



A White Christmas certainly looks like a possibility from where I'm standing (at the window of my studio for this snap).

Here in West Yorkshire this is regarded as being a mere dusting of the white stuff. We can expect worse as winter progresses - or better, I suppose, depending on your outlook. Mine tends towards bah-humbuggery, and if all this disppears come Boxing Day, I shan't be sorry.

Having said that, I'm feeling quite smug because my new Get-A-Grips have just arrived...



Urban crampons, my brother in law calls them. You stretch them over the soles of your shoes, and the spiky studs keep you from slipsliding away, whilst all around are on their backsides in the gutter gazing up at you with envy.

I shall be able to stride out with confidence, and I'm planning an expedition to the Riverhead Brewery Tap later on, to make sure they work. It's only next door, but you have to start somewhere.

2 comments:

sal said...

happy solstice, steve!

Steve Augarde said...

Hi Sal. And the same to you m'dear. A bit warmer there than it is here, no doubt.