Sunday, June 19, 2011

Les Triplettes de Belleville



One of my daughters has just bought the DVD. Good to be reminded of this wonderful animated feature, so here's a little clip.

It's never easy to find the musical credits for any film, or indeed any suggestion that there were musicians involved. Usually they'll be tucked away far to the south of  more important figures such as Assistant 3rd Grip and Nail Stylist - so it took me a while to discover that Canadian born guitarist Benoit Charest is responsible for Les Triplettes.

You can see him here in action, with a live version of the title music. Great vocals by Betty Bonifassi.

4 comments:

TheNote said...

Thank you for the reminder . . LOVED this animated feature film . . Super LOVED the music.

all best to you,
-g-

Steve Augarde said...

Thanks Georgy. Yes, I love it too.

mashadutoit said...

My husband and myself do a cover of this song (the English version though!) him on mandolin, me singing.
We've not managed to work the domestic appliances in yet. Such a great song. Prickly and clever.

Fantastic movie too.

Steve Augarde said...

Good going, Masha! I haven't yet attempted it in any language.